Tuesday, June 15, 2010

When I realized what I was capable of!!

Another Hiatus & Im back again!! 

Being a language trainer was something I had always thought was not my cup of tea. I had time & again shyed away from this art. Not because of the interest, but ppurely doubting my abilities as a trainer.

I was told that one has listen good to teach good. Well, if that was true, I had lost the battle in the first stage. I had never been a good listener. "Selective Listening" is what I had done all long. There were enough nervous moments awaiting me as I was thrown into the untested waters of teaching.

Taking up the challenge,I started German (undoubtedly the only thing Ive learnt well). Taking a cue from the people who taught me the language, I told myself to make the classes look as funny & as interesting as possible. Just 4 classes old & there was a shocker awaiting me. Everyone was interested in the class & particularly my teaching was appreciated.

Under the advice/guidance of my best friend, I took up corporate teaching which turned to be a fascinating experience. Credits to my friend who accompanied me throughout the program. And with the friend by my side, there was enough support driving me. "KUDOS". Corporate teaching has its fair share of fun. And with a rather comical person training them, there was no dearth for fun & laughter, tossed with good learning.

Yet another training program, again thanks to my friend for having referred me into this. This time in the neighboring state of Andhra Pradesh & to make things worse, it was a womens' engineering college. Standing in front of around 75 women who speak a language alien to me & teaching them a language alien to them was definitely embarrassing at times. This was undoubtedly one of the least satisfying for me as I had to cater to a set of people who were yet to come out of the School-Mode of teaching. Not heeding to their ways, I decided to play to my strengths, which was making the sessions funny & interactive & try gaining their attention.

All these thoughts are being sprinkled here as I sit here in this college realizing what I'm capable of and behind me were girls writing their german exams. 

"You are a pretty good trainer Vivek" Said a voice inside me. 

Simple and Interesting is how I make my life & thats precisely how my style of teaching has been. 

Getting tons of accolades from students & the college people, I was getting ready for my last day there. As I would soon be embarking on the most important journey of my life. And something I've been craving for years now. "EUROPE".


2 comments:

ravi said...

gr8 da.. BTW, who is this friend. Why such secrecy?? :P

vivek said...

Dai ravi :D Here also huh!! :D Well..thanks matey :)